Tuesday 13 December 2011

Progress update

Nearly a year after I moved in, and after 6 months of trying to get it sorted over the phone, my electricity company sent me an estimated bill for the last quarter of nearly nine hundred pounds, which, when added to the previous two quarters that they're still manifestly failing to fix, gives me a bill just under thirteen hundred quid. I've sent them a letter. It's quite a polite letter. I've given them a detailed chronology, told them they have fourteen days to fix it, and I've copied it to their MD for good measure.

Today, when I got home, I was greeted by a vaguely threatening letter addressed to the previous owner from a Scottish debt collecting agency. I've sent that back (without a stamp - natch) and I'm not especially worried about them taking legal action to recover their debt because, let's face it, my name has never been Samantha.

But I suppose that these ridiculous utility companies could combine to upset my previously pristine credit rating, and, if I'm going to be honest, I'm a little annoyed by that. Let's say 10% annoyed. Nothing to get worried about, but it's an itch, all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment